Saturday, March 24, 2012

the greatest thing to ever happen to my running

Last weekend I ran six miles.

I woke up early because I had a busy day and got out the door.
Approximately seven minutes into my run I felt very dehydrated. And it was hot. It was 9:00 am and already 70 degrees.  Normally I run in the evening and have all day to hydrate.

So that wasn't fun.

Then around mile 2.5 I started to feel a blister forming on my left heel.  I walked up a hill (because I was dehydrated and about to die) which only made the blister worse.

I couldn't run fast because I was dehydrated and I couldn't walk because it felt like someone was twisting a knife around in my heel.

So I inched along and finished my six miles in 74 minutes.


After complaining about my blister for the next 15 hours my dad suggested that I wear two pairs of socks. Something about the way the friction in your shoe is redistributed to the socks instead of your skin. Hm . . .

Today I ran seven miles.  I ran in the afternoon and felt like a million bucks because I was hydrated.

There were no knives twisting around in my heel today, because I had on two pairs of socks!

It was a stinking amazing run! Seven miles in 68 minutes.


What I learned:

1. Hydrate.
2. Wear two pairs of socks
3. Dad is a genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment